cannot see my other computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't this mean that my router is exposed to the internet.
and people can mess it up.

is there any free software firewall available out there. some one told me that the better firewalls are for free, all the crap ones are what you pay for, and they get crapier with price :), well kind of

Usually, if you turn off remote administration on your router, there shouldn't be any problems. It's supposed to be fairly hard for someone to crack your router.

rookie1010 said:
doesn't this mean that my router is exposed to the internet.
and people can mess it up.

is there any free software firewall available out there. some one told me that the better firewalls are for free, all the crap ones are what you pay for, and they get crapier with price :), well kind of

No not if remote access configuration is turned off in your router. And you should have changed the router default password! Routers are not only built to scale networks, they are security devices, so I wouldnt worry about it if you follow my first two statements.

hilowe said:
Usually, if you turn off remote administration on your router, there shouldn't be any problems. It's supposed to be fairly hard for someone to crack your router.

Yeah, they would have to spoof an ip on the local network to gain access to the information on the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom