cannot find internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidwell8

Baseband Member
Recently bought a PCI express adapter, followed all the instructions, everything got installed, i refreshed the list where networks should be but still cant find my internet connection. The router is only 5 metres away. The green light on the adapter flickers as if it is working and it also has an antenna on it which is supposed to make the range better. Why is it still unsuccessful?

What OS are you running? Do you know if the drivers were successfully installed? If this is a Windows machine have you checked device manager? Sorry, need a little more info here to help you out.

Its XP and fairly sure all drivers were successfully installed everything that happened on my screen was the same as what was in the manual until it got to finding the network. Not checked device manager though.

i can turn off the firewall ye but it says not recommended because it makes the system more open to viruses and other bad stuff lol

im in device manager under network adapter i have the 1 i want to get working but i also have 2 others should i uninstall them. When i go in to properties in General it says the adapter is working properly

YOu could uninstall them but that shouldn't matter.. Are there lights on the back of the NIC card that blink when it's plugged in?

Also what IP address do you have when you run IPCONFIG in the command prompt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom