Cannot Connect to Wireless Router w/ WPA Personal TKIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheX13

Beta member
Router: WRT150N

I have recently gotten a new laptop, a Toshiba. It has Windows 7 (Basic I think). Also when I got this computer I formated the hard drive to our desktop, which was the "admin" of the router, in other words it has the router's setup program on it.
So after formating the hard drive, we had to reinstall our router's setup program.
So right when I got my new laptop, I could easily connect to the internet. But soon I realized that our security was turned off when we did this. So I turned the security back to WPA Personal with TKIP encryption.
After doing this, my new laptop could no longer connect. It can recognize that my network is there, I press connect and it says "Windows was unable to connect to (my network)"I have the correct access code and nothing seems to be different other than our new security.
We have another laptop that has Vista, and that can connect without a problem. I think I can connect if I do wired connection to the router, because my Xbox still has connection, but I have no more cables.
I want to use wireless, but I have no idea why it is not working.
I ran troubleshoot, and it didn't fix anything but it said "Troubleshooting has completed, troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all of the issues....Problem with wireless adapter or access point"

I looked on the internet for a solution, some people said to change to WPA2 security, but my router only has 3 types of security. Public(No security), WPA personal, and another W-- something that I cannot remember, but it wasn't WPA2...

I have no idea what to do. I think it is my computer not having an update, but I have done all windows updates. Could it be a driver update? It could be that my router needs a firmware update, but why does my other laptop work????

Please Help.

EDIT:
OK I can't do direct wired to the router either.

My computer knows that the router is there, I have the encryption code correct. It just won't connect.

I tried to delete my network from "Manage wireless networks", it worked, so I restarted my computer and tried to reconnect by doing a "Manually connect to a wireless network" and the same thing happened

By reading, you only noticed this problem when you enabled a key?
The software was already installed and working on Windows 7 without the security?

If the above 2 is yes, I don't think it's a driver problem since your driver have already covered this. Neither it is a firmware problem since the other devices are working properly. Have you tried resetting your router or accessing it from any other devices that is connected to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom