Cannot connect to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickness

In Runtime
I've got a laptop and a PC, the laptop is connected to the network wirelessly and the PC wired. On the PC, I can view the shared files on the Laptop, but I cannot view the PC's shared files on the laptop, I get this error..

img.php

On each computer, I ping the other computers IP and everything checks out, they can see each other. They are in the same workgroup, MSHOME.

Oh, and they are both XP Pro SP2.

Windows Firewall is off on both computers, as well as McAfee Firewall.

hefemeister said:
you running a firewall? You can add the user on the other comp. to the sharing and security.

I disabled all firewalls on both computers. What do you mean '"add the user on the other comp. to the sharing and security?"

rt mouse click the folder. go to sharing and security. click share this folder on the network under sharing and security. should be in.

sorry to ask again but the folder you want to see on the desktop is shared? there is a hand holing the folder as you look at it my computer? sorry to ask again but you should be up unless it is not shared or a firewall is stopping you. since you can ping and see it in my network places it should not be a firewall.

do you have file and printer sharing installed under the properties for you network adapter. on your desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom