Cannot access ANY Microsoft website (Not sure if posting in right forum!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppy

Solid State Member
Hey there...

I've just joined the Forum, to hopefully get some help with this annoying problem. Before I continue, I must point out, I'm 16 - so big technical words may not be understood!

Okay.

ISP: BT
Browsers: Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer
Computer: about 6months or so old, was bought done up.
Service pack: 2

Problem:

I've tried numerous amount of times to get onto the Microsoft website, and numerous amount of times, I have not been able to.
All I need is the .NET Framework, but you need to go to the Microsoft Website to get it.

Do you need any more information? Just ask.

Thanks in advance to all those who attempt to help me!

-Ryan
(Puppy)

What kind of problems do you get when trying to go to microsoft.com?

Oops! Google Chrome could not find microsoft.com
Try reloading: microsoft. com
Additional suggestions:
Access a cached copy of microsoft. com
Go to microsoft. co. uk
Go to www. microsoft. co
Search on Google:

Exactly the same thing comes up on IE, except, not the Google Chrome bit!

Very often a virus/spyware/malware infection will attempt to block access to repair tools. If you can use a 2nd computer to read the guide and download the programs you should be able to fix the problem.

Very often a virus/spyware/malware infection will attempt to block access to repair tools. If you can use a 2nd computer to read the guide and download the programs you should be able to fix the problem.

This is my thinking as well. If you don't have access to another computer you could try finding your "hosts" file and renaming it (to "ghosts" perhaps) and try accessing the sites again. Your hosts file is probably somewhere like "C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom