Can trojans send data offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom123

Baseband Member
Hi,
just need to know, I have a laptop which I just use to store personal data in like, like banking records etc. I dont ever connect this laptop to the internet. And apparently I have a trojan. This must have come from a program I installed from some other external storage. What I need to ask is, since I never connect this laptop to the internet, and the wifi switch is always off, is it possible for this trojan to send data to the hacker or anyone/anything outwards of my pc? Thanks for your help!! :)

No, it won't be able to send data out. However, you should still remove the infection, or it can possibly infect legit files, or attach itself onto storage that you put onto that computer, and it becomes infected, spreading the malware.

Thanks guys. Yes I will remove it. Its deffinitly not a good thing to have even though it cant send out data. By the way, what do you mean by 'the safest way is abstinence' ReikokuKo? Thanks for your help again.

Essentially the internet condom, don't use the internet and don't have NIC drivers installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom