Can not open ports in NOD32 firewall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
A while ago I installed windows 2003 as a virtual machine and I installed NOD32. Now I tried to open a few ports in it but I had a problem. The problem is that the function is disabled. To open a port I need to do the following:

Step 1: Open NOD32
- Double click on NOD32 Icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Press F5 to open “Advanced Setup” window
- Under “Personal Firewall” category, click “Rules and Zones”
- Click the “Setup” Button which is located within "Zone and Rule Editor”
Zone and rule editor is disabled. So I can not click the setup botton.

- Click “New” Button to add a new rule.
- Under General Tab, give a name: For example, the application's name that uses this port forward.
- Set Action: Allow
- Set Protocol: TCP & UDP
- Under Remote Tab, click “Add Port”
- Type in the Port Number (the port that you want to port forward), click OK once you are done.
- Click OK again to save changes.
- Click OK again to save changes within “Zone and Rule Setup” window.

Of course I am running as administrator. I have used the same version of NOD 32 on another computer and I opened ports there with out a problem.

I encountered the same problem just a few minutes ago, after reading your post i relooked my NOD32 and thought it had something to do with my Firewall settings
It did, you have to click on "Personal Firewall" and change it from whatever you have(probably "Automatic mode") to "Automatic mode with exceptions (user-defined rules)"

That did it for me, hope I helped :)

Indeed it did help. I actually managed to open a few ports the first time I used it but than I forgot how I did it. I guess I had some thing called, "beginners luck." :big_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom