Can I host office communication server in 1 server ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux1880

In Runtime
Can I host office communication server in 1 server ? I have windows 2003 server. I am also planning to add sharepoint server in it. Is it possible ?

I know that your question sounds simple, but I'm having a hard time with it. Perhaps you mean just what you are typing, in which case, yes... you can host a communication 2003 sever on just 1 server 2003 box. That question sounds extremely simple though.. Am I reading it correctly? And yes, having an IM and sharepont server dual role wouldn't be too bad at all. How many users are there in your topology?

about 25-50 users

well, I just got Communication server CD and tried to install. I have never seen such a confusing installation. I don't need SIP server at the moment. I am trying to install on the server which is not having active directory. I have AD on the another server. I am planning to use IM feature primarily of that server. Can mike enlight me little with this instalolation process. I will be very much thankful.

It's pretty straight forward. You have to first make sure that you are running as a DA account and that the machine it's running is server 03 (I've only installed it one time and it was on server 03... not sure about 08) You dont have to have it on the pdc or sdc, as a matter of fact, we have it on it's on server and we are using it at about the same level you are (50 users). We aren't using sip either, and dont plan to. All we did was run through the set on the package (had it on a NAS) and pointed it to the nas for the schema. It then runs through a local and then domain angled prep and then deployed the server.

I found this article. Some of the answers we gave were completely different and WE DID use a SIP input... we just aren't using it. It doesn't matter if you use it or not. We actually did end up using it one time and then realized that we did need to have the storage drain for web and voip conferencing just yet.

Let's see what else... Our name was IMSERVER.xxxxx.xxxx. Yours will be different obviously, but that's what we named it. Oh, the persistent and transient user db was the same (even though the guide recommends against it) But the image shows pretty much what I input.

Another thing, we used the internal web farm and then used the imserver.ourdomain.com just like the guide shows.

If there is anything that I can help with let me know.... It was pretty straight forward. Sure, there's a lot to it, but that goes with almost any module you install from microsoft :)

OCS 2007 Installation - Part 1 | Confused Amused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom