Can I have 2 Modems, on 2 different wall jacks, with 1 ADSL connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Runtime
I've just gotten my ADSL connected at home and set up a router on it as I have multiple devices. Most of the devices are all nearby the router or have wireless but I have one computer that is too far away to run a cable and does not have a wireless NIC. I do however have a second ADSL modem, and a second phone plug near the computer. If the ADSL is coming in on that phone plug as well, could I connect the second modem to the wall so I could have access to the internet in that room as well? Or can you not have 2 modems working on the same ADSL line.

In short, no. You can set them up that way, but only one will be able to work at a time. They both can't work concurrently.

You can run ethernet over a phone line as long as its not dasiy chained. (and you set the conenction to 10/half)

Why is it to far? its more then 300 feet away? If you put a switch in your attic or basement you will be fine.

Break out a drill and wire your own jack. just cut hole in wall, dill though the 2/4 in the attic above the wall and run the cable down the wall. Do the same for the other side.

Or, if you have air returns in your house you can use those to run the cable. They generaly run between floors. I have one cable run that way.

no go buy a router, problem solved

The original post states that he/she already has a gateway/router. Actually, according to the post, it may even have wireless capabilities. The item needed is a wireless adapter for the computer in question. It's not a long post either...... pretty straight forward.

You can run ethernet over a phone line as long as its not dasiy chained. (and you set the conenction to 10/half)

Why is it to far? its more then 300 feet away? If you put a switch in your attic or basement you will be fine.

Break out a drill and wire your own jack. just cut hole in wall, dill though the 2/4 in the attic above the wall and run the cable down the wall. Do the same for the other side.

Or, if you have air returns in your house you can use those to run the cable. They generaly run between floors. I have one cable run that way.

Alot of the other things you recommended cost more than a wireless adapter (including time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom