Can a computer be part of a domain AND a workgroup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt quite get that...
When I type my Username in "Enter object names to select" and then "check names"to search...there is no results....

The location is set to "abousalmanr" (which is this computer's name) and when I click on LOCATIONS, I cant select exept Abousalmanr.....so how I can I add the username on my desktop (which is on another location) to the exeptions?

The username on my destop is Roni
The computer (desktop) name is also roni...and the workgroup on the desktop is called mshome...

How can i add that to the laptop?

below is a screen shot....

(The computer name of the laptop is ABOUSALMANR, the domain is SMOC and there are 2 usernames...1 is Roni and 1 is abousalmanr...all should have complete access)

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 31
as you can see..the from this location is set to ABOUSALMANR and cannot be changed...and if I want to add a user from the desktop...how do I do that?
(lets say I want to add the username Roni from the desktop...what do i type??)

oh...i see...but the Roni it displays is found on ABOUSALMANR which is the laptop...and I want to give permission to RONI on the desktop....

this method gives users on this machine permission...I want to give users on the network (my desktop) permission....

when you access a file over your network, windows sends the user//pass of the user logged into the client to be authenicated by the host. the host looks for the user//pass in its local users DB. if the user//pass is incorrect, you should be prompted for a user//pass. Once authenicated, you assume the rights of that user for the host pc.

ok...so when I try to access a file on the laptop from my desktop...the username of my desktop is sent to the laptop db...and authenticated...?(i dont have a password on my desktop...im the only user)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom