Cable Modem Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

swazzy

Beta member
I wasn't sure where to post this but I need help with my cable modem.

Okay what's happening with my cable modem? Well it just stops working after like 2 hours of me using it. :confused: Let's say im using IE but im downloading a file, IE stops working like there is no connection but the download is still connected. I have to restart my computer so I can get it back to work normally. It's driving me nuts because I have to restart my computer like 40 times a day :mad:

Can someone help me or tell me what's wrong with it?

Ok I shut everything off and still didn't work.

I ran spyware and virus scans and in the spyware scan with Ad-Aware I got 4 tracking cookies and in the TrendMicro scan it told me I had a Swizzor Trojan and another virus (I don't remember the name), then it said it deleted them...

It still doesn't work.

you might want to get a different fiber optic cable to connect with. mine did something similar and the cable was replaced and now it works

My cable internet provider suggested what they called the '90% fix' If the cable box is right on the floor sometimes it collects static. The only way to rid it completely of said static is to disconnect the wires from the back of the box and let the static dissipate.

Oops i forgot to mention that this exact thing was happening for me, my box was right on the floor. I let the static dissipate and put an old game box underneath it and i haven't had any more of these kinds of problems.

Sounds like a possible bad Network card to me. Does your modem have USB capability? If so I would get a USB cord and try hooking it up that way. If you dont know how, call your cable company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom