which cable modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
I have a cox cable modem. I know that there are a bunch of different brand modems out there. Is buying your own worth it, or should i just keep using coxes for free. What modem is good, and will i see a performance differance?

thanks a bunch

Just keep the one they provide. If it goes bad they replace it. If you buy one and it goes bad you replace it.

yea, comcast had to replace a modem once before and once again upon request. i was orignally pretty fed up with them and wanted to purchase a linksys cable modem just because i have all cisco, linksys, cisco-linksys and netgear equipment so i wanted to conform.....but, a one time $50 - $60 (and self-support) versus $3 a month rental (comcast supported)......it's hard to justify buying one for a home user.
If you do get one...you have to ask cox which ones they support. because you have to give them your cable modems MAC address anyway.
if you DO end up asking them and finally buying your own, then buy it at costco. they have the best freakin return policy in the country. buy ANY electronic product and you can return it in 6 motnths NO QUESTIONS. you can either get cash back (ALL OF IT) or excahange it for another product. So, you could get a cable modem for free essentially and then just return it when you cancel your cable (if you ever do)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom