cable connection...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

In Runtime
i have 2 computers in my house, one being my main desktop hooked up to a Dlink cable modem and a dlink router. another one being a sony vaio notebook with a pc card to recieve my connection from the router(dlink524). anyway, im running a charter cable connection that's 1mb. on my modem(Dlink dcm202) there are 4 lights: power,cable,status,and ethernet. almost all the time the status light is not on, and the cable light keeps blinking. so my internet doesn't work most of the time which pisses me off.all the necessary wires are connected correctly and they seem fine. my cable(catvsp?) wire is a bit long so i coiled it up and is connected to the cable outlet. does anyone have any idea why my internet is screwed up?

Jae said:
i have 2 computers in my house, one being my main desktop hooked up to a Dlink cable modem and a dlink router. another one being a sony vaio notebook with a pc card to recieve my connection from the router(dlink524). anyway, im running a charter cable connection that's 1mb. on my modem(Dlink dcm202) there are 4 lights: power,cable,status,and ethernet. almost all the time the status light is not on, and the cable light keeps blinking. so my internet doesn't work most of the time which pisses me off.all the necessary wires are connected correctly and they seem fine. my cable(coaxsp?) wire is a bit long so i coiled it up and is connected to the cable outlet. does anyone have any idea why my internet is screwed up?

Have you rebooted the modem and router, if this happens alot then your router could be bad which did happen to me. Sometimes it's ok and then nothing to a headakce..

no, my router is fine. there's a "reset'' button on the back of my modem and i pressed that a lot of time before but nothing seems to work. i don't know, maybe the connection is bad around my area..?

ehh, nothing works. i'm thinking of switching my connection to comcast cable or some kind of DSL company

i've had some good results with earthlink, that migth be worth checking out

Have you installed any splitters on your cable? If so, that might have caused the signal strength going to your modem to become lower than what it accepts.

Your best bet is to call your Cable Company, and they should send out a technician. There is a possibility that a cable somewhere might be bad, or the cable has been split too many times, and needs to be amplified.

^yeah, i called my cable company and they gave me procedures on how to fix my modem but it didn't work, so i might have a technician come by and check my cables, if that doesn't work i'll probably switch over to earthlink or comcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom