Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH dropping wifi connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
Recently my router, Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH, running DD-WRT v24SP2-EU-US (08/19/10) std - build 14998 has been dropping the wifi connection.
Wired networking still works, however, a reboot is required for wifi to work again. It has been providing solid, stable connection since March 2011 up until about 2 weeks ago. Now a reboot is required every 3-4 days.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot? or is it just dying slowly?

If your router is stable on a wired connection, I would see if the manufacturer may have a fix for it first.
What kind of IP do you have going through your home ?

If you have a static ip address and it changes on a certain amount of days, I would look into reconfiguring that and make sure when it changes it doesnt knock out your wifi internet.

Hey Mike thanks for your suggestion.

but I seem to have fixed the problem after I started this thread. I went ahead and downloaded an app called wifi analyzer on my android phone. I found out there has been about 4 new wireless networks in my neighborhood. There was already around 7 wifi networks, 8 including my own, when I first setup my router. So with only 11 channels on the 2.4GHz band, you can imagine how crowded it is.

When I setup my router, I left it on auto to choose the channel to operate on. Apparently that's what caused the problem. I manually chose the channel 8 on my router shortly after my original post and I have not had to restart my router since. but it has only been 4 days, if I can make it through today, I'll be golden :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom