Buffalo Air Station Wireless internet help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascendancy

Baseband Member
Hey, I am trying to install this onto my laptop and I can't get it to work. It keeps saying that I have little to no connection. I think the reason is because it is connecting to my old internet, which was Dial-Up. It is still on my main computer, but it isn't on right now. My main internet is from Verizon DSL. How can I get it to recognize the new internet?

Do you have the Buffalo wireless card and Buffalo router? Buffalo only communicates with Buffalo.
Pretty cool though, it does all its own configuration. Just literally install the cards, turn on the power and it is supposed to find every device for you. I did a small office wireless install with it. It worked as advertised.

It's the router. It does do everything for you, but it is detecting my old internet source not my new DSL, and I don't know how to correct it.

I would say that would be something with the DSL modem then. Sorry I'm not much help on this one.

Can you describe the PHYSICAL layout of your network? Which devices are connected together, and through which ports? Also, as asked above, was the router configured with the DSL account name & password so you can get online?

Unless that router has capabilities to connect through dial up internet, I would suspect that your problem may lie within your computer, not on the router.

I am almost under the impression that he might be trying to use the same dialup client to connect to the internet with the DSL as he used when he had dial up access....

It doesn't ask for a username and password for the two differnt types of internet, though. It just automatically installs to the dial-up driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom