BT Broadband Accelerator/ iPlate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I was surfing the web today and stumbled across something called "BT Broadband Accelerator" on BT's website, at first, i immediately disregarded it as a load of absolute crap - like all software accelerators which do very little.

But then, after some reading and realising it's a physical object you attatch to your house's primary phone socket i became intrigued. Further reading yielded surprising results, that actually 70percent of people did achieve an increase on average of 1.5mbps, and it only cost £10. I read even further and nearly everyone had a good increase, ranging from 500kb/s to a few people geting an astonishing 300percent increase in speed.

I have discovered though, that all it does it filter and therfor basically stop the 'ring circuit' or bell wire from working withing the phone socket, which it seems obviously can have a very large effect on your broadband speed, yet they are totally redundent these days as bell wire's are built into the microfilters that are used.

Some people have simply just removed this bell wire from the circuit and achieved the exact same results. But i am no electrician and the (what are probably very simple) instructions confuse me.

Something to do with removing the White/Orange wire (but not the Orange/White), so only connector 2 and 5 have any wires going to them (Blue/White, White/Blue) .

That doesn't really mean alot to me, if someone could help me out here or has any idea what i am supposed to be doing that'd be great.

Not an electrician, or anything close to one.

My guess is would something like this be legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom