Browser Settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistyMina

Baseband Member
Hi, I hope someone can help...and I hope I've posted this in the right forum!!! :confused: Forgive me if not!

I have been trying to renew my subscription for Norton AntiVirus & Norton Internet Security, but can't seem to get to the page I need on their web site. I can get to here but when I click the United Kingdom link I'm taken to a 'page cannot be displayed' error. That's in IE, when I try in Mozilla, I get absolutely nothing, no warnings, no blank pages, zilch.

I contacted Symantec Support, and they advised turning off my firewall, which I did, and it made no difference. Then they advised checking my LAN settings and to make sure they were set on 'auto detect' ...I did that, but again, it made no difference. (I've also tried ringing their phone help-line, but it takes you round in circles with recorded messages & basically tells you to renew subscriptions online!!! :( )

I gave my comp a good clean up last week, deleted all temp files, all cookies, did a disk clean-up, defrag & compressed the C: drive to gain more space!

Because without a current subscription, I'm not up to date with my virus protection, I ran Trend Micro Housecall which found a virus called JAVA BYTEVER.A-1
I was advised by a friend that this virus may have been causing problems with web links and that I should update my Java to make sure.

Absolutely nothing I have tried has made any difference, I still cannot access the Symantec web page I need. I might also add that I sent the link to a friend who assured me the link worked for her, and she even sent me direct link to the page I was after, but following that link just brought up another 'page cannot be displayed' error.

Does anyone have any idea's to help me solve this problem? I desperately need to get my subscription sorted!!!!

Any advise or suggestions would be appreciated, preferably before I'm carted off to the local asylum!!!! ;) lol

Thanks
Mina

Send an email to their tech support and tell them that you have gotten a virus due to their subscription system not allowing you to connect properly. Request to have them call you and provide a call back number. Send them that same email every 4 hours until they contact you. I don't think it will take them that long...

Good luck

Err, I might use that as a last resort, it's a bit drastic for me!!!

The thing is, I seem to be the only one that's having a problem with their web site, so I'm guessing it's something to do with my computer & not their site?!

It really is annoying tho!!! :mad:

Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom