browser not connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigmaster

Solid State Member
I have this problem. I turn my computer on and everything seems to work fine. I connect to the internet just fine with firefox, IE, Trillian, and Utorrent. However after about 1-3 hours of my computer being on, my browsers stop connecting (giving me the timed out message) However I am still able to be on trillian and use Utorrent just fine. So I have to restart in order for the broswers to connect agian.

Any advice on how to fix this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks

DHCP is on the router right? Yeah it's enabled. The lease time is 1 day if that's what you are talking about.

Could this be any kind of virus that is doing it to me?
I have eTrust Security Suite on

pigmaster said:
I have this problem. I turn my computer on and everything seems to work fine. I connect to the internet just fine with firefox, IE, Trillian, and Utorrent. However after about 1-3 hours of my computer being on, my browsers stop connecting (giving me the timed out message) However I am still able to be on trillian and use Utorrent just fine. So I have to restart in order for the broswers to connect agian.

Any advice on how to fix this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I had this problem when using Zonealarm. I also have a router, and for whatever reason, Zonealarm would stop passing web traffic, but MSN and uTorrent would keep working.

If you have a firewall, I'd try resetting it. Or, depending on how concerned about security, you could turn it off and use the Windows firewall, as well as the security that having a router provides.

I have ETrust PErsonal Firewall. Which when I look at it seems almost identical to ZoneAlarm. Is there anyway to configure it to allow browsing traffic through?

pigmaster said:
I have ETrust PErsonal Firewall. Which when I look at it seems almost identical to ZoneAlarm. Is there anyway to configure it to allow browsing traffic through?

When I was using ZA, all of the settings were exactly as they should be. But for whatever reason, it would just stop passing web traffic after a while. I would turn of ZA, and it would work fine again. I was never able to actually find a way to fix ZA.

bummer. Maybe I will just have to start restarting it whenever I have that problem, thanks for the advice !!

Try turning your router off, leaving for 1 minunit and turning it back on

that allways fixes mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom