is broadband scs possilble via hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sir, when i connect crossover cable from host networkcard to uplink/normal both mode in hub it doesn't even connect to LAN service . In the screen it says (a network card is unplugged)

By the way what's the difference between RJ$45 and crossover though they looks almost same.

rajunpl there are 2 main kinds of broadband, yours probably being ADSL and the other cable. since you never mentioned what kind of internet connection you had, i did not know.

what is the connection that is disconnected, your USB connection to the modem or something else? not sure what you meant by "the hand is place below the broadband icon". maybe you could get a screenprint of all your connections and attach it to your post as JPEG or GIF?

assuming you have an xDSL connection there is no number you dial into to connect to your ISP. this is not like 56K dialup. RJ-45 has 2 main kinds, crossover & straight through patch cable. a crossover can be used to directly connect 2 network devices. a straight cable usually invoves using some kind of hardware between the 2 devices like a switch or HUB.

if it is saying something is unplugged that means you have some kind of hardware setup problem. other than me visually inspecting your setup i have no idea how to start advising you on what to check. i may need some help from the network experts on this one.

Thanks for the help, by the way if I get router, all the problem will be sorted. The word "hand " was described instead of "shared documents" microsoft standerd icon to show that the given document is on the sharing.

I have DSL.Another problem arise here is COULD I GET ROUTER FOR MY USB MODEM? Or there ere tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom