Broadband Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I already tried that. I think I need to install that ethernet driver. I will update in a couple hours about what happens. Going to work now...

I also have SBC! what you have to do is....make sure your cat5 cable is plugged into an ethernet port. make sure all lights on your modem are light green..install the software they give you...and it should work...

Well have done first two, just need to install software. Problem is I think i lost the disk. If this is infact true, is there a place to download the drivers I need?

Well, its official the SCB CD is lost. Does anyone know what I should do now? Like said before when i goto Device Hardware, and exclamation mark is over the ethernet part. It says needs to update driver insert Compaq disk yadadada....So does anyone know if I can get the things I need online or what?

was your network card installed when you bought the computer? If so, you should be able to goto the manufacturer's website (www.hp.com for compaq/hp) and find the drivers for your machine. Download and install the drivers and you should be set.

click support & drivers above the search box on the hp website to search for drivers.

What is the network card? Do you mean just an ethernet slot in the back of computer or what? If so yes the motherboard came with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom