Broadband Bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyamasak

Beta member
Hey guys!

Recently, I've decided that I'm going to make the switch from a 1.5Mbps T1 connection to much cheaper DSL connections.

I've been looking for a “Broadband Bonding” technique which can bond anywhere from 2-5 DSL lines together to match or exceed the T1 I currently have. I've looked into the usual suspects such as Cisco, Juniper etc and the lesser known ones such as mushroom Networks.

I am quite interested in purchasing a Mushroom Networks box after reading their marketing material (they also offer 30-day money back), but I would first like to learn your experience if you have one of their boxes. Does it really bond without requiring telco's help?

Thanks!

Strictly speaking, bonding is only really a ADSL 2+ tech and it's done at a DSLAM level and there is no commercial equipment that I know of that dose it easily, you have to be REALLY friendly with your ISP to even request it, if your looking for redundancy with your connections I would have a line from a differing provider layed to your house with the entry point on the other side of the premises because it all goes into the local exchange anyway.

Hi Saxon-
Thanks for the response! Apparently Mushroom Networks does do bonding of multiple ISP lines. I talked to a representative the other day and they said there is two modes. The first is stand alone mode, where the http traffic is bonded and all else is load balanced. The second is peered mode, where Mushroom Networks proxy's the traffic through their data centers to enable bonding (almost like a VPN overlay!). I scheduled a demo with Mushroom Networks next week, I'll post my afterthoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom