Bridge wireless internet connection to my router?

graysonk95

Beta member
Hello all,
I'm new to home networking, and I'm basically learning as I go.
I already have my router setup and working with my houses printers and computers. LAN is good and all but now I need internet access...
The only problem is, where I live you can't get a *good* wired ISP. HughesNet and Dial-Up the only possibilities (if you know anything about HughesNet it is not even an option :tongue:). And the router needs a wired internet connection to work.
So I bought a cell phone and an unlimited data plan, and use it's built in hotspot to broadcast the data connection to my computers/other devices.

What I want to know is how would I go about hooking up my internet connection to my router?
I have an old desktop that has both ethernet and wifi access. I plugged the WLAN port on my router into the ethernet on my PC, and connected to the hotspot.
From there, I bridged the two connections. I have done this before (PC to PC) and it has worked but doesn't seem to work PC to Router... It shows packets being sent to my router, but nothing is being sent back. If I open up my browser on that PC, pages don't load. If I delete the bridge, pages load...

Again, I'm a n00b to this, so I am trying my best to learn all of the terms associated with networking so excuse my vagueness.

I've asked many but haven't gotten a confident answer- is it even possible to bridge my connection to the router?
Or am I screwed as far as internet goes?

Back
Top Bottom