bridge mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

funknuts

Baseband Member
im still leanring this stuff and i wondering what is bridge mode? what does it do and what is it used for and when do you use it??
thanks

Bridge mode allows you to connect to another person's PC and share files back and forth. You can think of it as a virtual peer-to-peer network.

In DSL Enviroment enabling The router in Bridge mode, the router will work as bridge between your ISP server and your computer. you make dialer from your PC and connect to the ISP.

Wait wait......lets not forget what a bridge is fellers.

If you are speaking of a wireless device, like a wireless gateway/router or a wireless access point, then placing this wireless device into "Bridge Mode" will allow you to connect two wired networks by using two (or more) of these wireless deivces. One on each end of the the wired network. Consider the attachment.
In bridge mode.....it's just a device that extends a wired oir another wireless network.

-Mike

So...here's my situation, I'm within an Office space LAN and have a Linksys WRT54G connected directly into a data jack where its initially grabbing its internet connection. It's configured as a secured connection using an SSID and WEP. I believe there is also an Apple Airport Wireless as well, which has nothing to do with what I need. Basically...I would like to add an additional WRT54G device in another office but within the same area. The first Linksys device's signal can't be picked up by wireless laptops in that other office. I guess its just too far away. Can I connect this 2nd Linksys wireless router into an active data jack within that other location and set it up as a "briged device" to share the same SSID and WEP? Eventually I want to change this over to WPA2. Please advise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom