boot partition and system partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
THIS IS ON SBS 2003.

I accidentally installed the boot partition (with ntldr file) in drive B and system partition (all windows files, system32 folders, etc -- wish I do not mix up the definition of boot partition and system partition) in drive A. Now I want to replace drive B. Can I transfer the boot partition to drive A and get rid of the drive B without re-installing my server? In fact, if I remove drive B from the server, the server canÂ’t boot up (which is normal as there is no ntldr files, etc). Please advise, thanks.

DRIVE A is a SEAGATE SATA 80Gb
DRIVE B is a IBM SCSI 36Gb 10K RPM

Harper I think your definitions are reveresed. boot part is the OS files, & system part is the files used to boot the OS. I am sure you cannot relocate the boot partition, but the system partition can be changed by going into local disk manager and setting your other drive as active.

Assuming your (B) drive is the system partition and the (A) drive is where the [program files, windows] folders are located you can do that. If it is the other way around I think you will have to do a partition to partition clone with [ghost, drive image], than use the repair console (if 2003 has one) to fix the boot configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom