Blue Toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

B|_ubb3rBoy

Solid State Member
I have this Blue toolbar on my internet explorer that I cannot get rid off, And my internet ALWAYS freezes up..usually whne i have 2 or more internet windows up...When i hide the toolbar its called Dvdcool, i searched my whole comp and cannot find any file contain Dvdcool Can someone please help me get rid of it!!!

search in your register for dvdcool. also, if you can't find anything, the toolbar must have some buttons on it with words, or just any words appearing on the toolbar, search your register for it, it might be a clue that leads you to where that toolbar resides. I had similar problem before(a toolbar that you can't get rid of), just delete any register keys related to it.

those things come loaded with adware and spy-ware... use ad-aware and Spybot to get rid of them. That will help you with the freezing up problem. Then do what Harold III said.

yah i dl'ed spybot Search n Destory deleted everything it found...STILL not gone... then i dl'ed Ad- Aware 6.0 and deleted everthing it found and STILL not gone... how to i search the registry¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

run regedit.exe, under Edit menu choose Find.

by the way that toolbar thing is NOT a spyware or adware. It was installed as a valid browser plug-in, just like the google tool bar. That's why your ad-aware didn't find it.

I deleted it fro mthe registry but it said some files may not be deleted... Then i went on IE and righht mouse clicked the IE toolbar and it left as blank spot, but when i clciked on it it was the bluetoolbar and it popped up agian...but the name Dvdcool is gone fromt the list ?¿?¿?¿

right. you deleted some register keys of the toolbar that's why it's blank. it's still normal cuz I had that too. you got to search more cuz you haven't deleted all of them yet. the files that can't be deleted is running at the time you try to delete, so if you know what to delete, restart the computer with a DOS disk and delete the files under DOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom