Blu-Ray not detecting Dlink wifi

WarrenX

In Runtime
Hey Guys,

So I am trying to setup my uncles house to use Netflix wifi through his Blu-ray player (InternetTV), and I am having trouble.

Here is the configuration I am trying to get to go:

Cable Box (Modem) -> Dlink DIR-825vB (Router) -> (Wifi) -> Samsung BD-C6900 (Blu-Ray Player)

Unfortunately, this is nightmarishly difficult. The Wifi from this router works with everything else in the house, phones, etc., but this damn Blu-Ray player just refuses to detect it. Now I have tried a different router, a Linksys WRT54GL, and the Blu-Ray Player detected its Wifi just fine.

What is confusing me is, other devices in the house have no problem picking up this Dlink router's wifi signal (at the distance or greater than the Blu-ray player with obstruction); yet, with a different router (WRT54GL), the Blu-Ray player picks up the WiFi just fine (that other router is not ours' so we cant keep it). Additionally, my phones hotspot WiFi also works for the player.

I have heard that the latest firmware for this Blu-Ray player is not so good so I have tried to downgrade, but it stops me saying it is already updated.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. I just cannot figure it out, is there a specific mutual incompatibility these two devices share? Or maybe some hidden setting that is causing all of this? Thanks again guys for any and all help!

Back
Top Bottom