Blocking Webmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumrah

Solid State Member
Hi,

Does anyone in here know how (if at all possible) to block all webmail such as hotmail.com, merseymail.com etc on a win2k domain for a small group of users.

The catch being that we can't just block them by blocking the protocols they use with our ISA server, as this will be in effect for everyone on the domain. Also if the solution is a policy that can be enforced from the domain controller, then there could be issues as some of the client workstations are NT & 98 and do not get their policies the same way as the XP machines (obviously).

We could block the major sites such as the yahoo's and hotmailÂ’s but it is impossible to get them all!

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

websence is a good one. I don't know how costly it is and websence can be gotten around too. You have to know what you are doing to get around it.

Thanks for your replies, I work for a college where money can be tight for non-essential item so i can see the idea of additional licensing costs going down like a lead balloon.

Cheers.

Only other ways are at the firewall level, and if it has that capability or by going by proxy to the internet and control with the proxy the sights... maybe longer because of all the webmail servers popping up.

hmm... honestly, thats gonna be a tough one, then. .. and AD wont really do that for you. I'm not sure what to tell ya then. Try some of the shareware sights, maybe there is something out there. Just search for webmail blocking in google. Otherwise, not sure... sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom