bittorrent running causes bad connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i ve notticed that when i leave my bittorrent running for a while even when theres no active downloads/uploads it ruins my internet connection.

just few seconds ago all pages stopped loading and as soon as i shut down BT the internet started working fine...

Sorry but there is no way we can really be of assistance on this. As it would require knowledge of things you have downloading. Which would violate our rules.

Best option, turn off the program when you dont need it and only turn it on when you know you dont need access to the internet. That is about all we can really say on the subject.

BitTorrent clients should not use any bandwidth if you have no active transfers. If anything it would be tracker connections or DHT updates but these really depend on the torrents in question. Tracker connections do not use much bandwidth so your client may be misconfigured or something. Also having BT connections open (even just tracker activity) may trigger throttling on certain ISP's.

i thought it was weird as well because theres noting at all in the bittorrent.

its empty.
but i notticed it many times already when i leave it on it just cripples my internet untill i turn it off.
makes no sense to me either.

unless it has some kind of beef with my firewall(comodo firewall)

You could try switching your bt client, i've seen certian ones crash certian routers.

That dat, Bruce. When I was on AT&T I could not use Pidgin at all as it would completely stuff my modem. Fire up Pidgin and there goes the internet... has to reboot the modem to get it back. I still avoid Pidgin to this day because of that. Trillian FTW!

Linksys wrt54g's all had that issue. The ip table wouldn't flush and it'd bog out the router. A reboot wouldn fix it.

They fixed it with a firmware update. I'd update your routers firmware if it isn't the newest, might solve it.

That dat, Bruce. When I was on AT&T I could not use Pidgin at all as it would completely stuff my modem. Fire up Pidgin and there goes the internet... has to reboot the modem to get it back. I still avoid Pidgin to this day because of that. Trillian FTW!

Wow that takes me back, I was big on Trillian back in the day when it was free. Probably the first forum I ever joined lol

It was bitcomet for me, that always used to crash my router.

Linksys wrt54g's all had that issue. The ip table wouldn't flush and it'd bog out the router. A reboot wouldn fix it.

They fixed it with a firmware update. I'd update your routers firmware if it isn't the newest, might solve it.
Or you could use Tomato firmware if your router supports it.

i have th eWGR614 v9 router but i dont remember when i upgraded the firmware im gonna try that.
thanks for reminding me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom