bit comet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck84

Baseband Member
I want to know how to block bit comet program from my modem. That is block bit comet so that it wont be able to download using bit comet.

my modem is Aztech ADSL Ethernet

Is this ADSL modem use to share internet connection? If so it might have some feature to block the ports 6881-7999 TCP. But BitComet usually searches for other open ports like AIM using other ports like 80 that beside it's default which would pretty much bypass the filter since you need to allow port 80 for web surfing.

There's another solution like installing a firewall on the user computer, making sure they run on limited account so they can't modify the firewall and just block the bitcomet program. Zone Alarm is free check it out at http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conte...st_za.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en&lid=nav_za

because of one of my housemate, he sometimes open bit comet and make the other and I hard to surf the website. So, is there any way that without installing anything on his pc and do something on the modem ?

Beside hitting him over the head with it..I don't know for sure. Try getting into it's web configuration to see if it has any port filtering feature. I really don't know unless you can specify the exact model # and maybe I'll google it up.

my modem is aztech dsl 600e

the port range set but it seem like still can start downloading... what about the port map ? what should be put in?

You could be mean and set the router to block his MAC address from having any internet access... that would stop the problem, for a little bit at least.

Im not sure about your router, but many newer routers have a QoS feature, that will limit the amount of bandwidth each computer gets based on MAC address. this way he can still use bit commet and the sort, and everyone else will still get a fair share of the bandwidth.

Law said:
Beside hitting him over the head with it..I don't know for sure. Try getting into it's web configuration to see if it has any port filtering feature. I really don't know unless you can specify the exact model # and maybe I'll google it up.

Lol that was hillarious

Is this guy saying the bit comet is slowing down the whole network or just on one computer. If its just on one computer ... click exit lol.

The best way to go is install a firewall on his computer and put a password on it :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom