big problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

overclocker

Baseband Member
iv got a problem, my laptop can connect to the schools wireless network and i can get on the internet but i canÂ’t use or even see the network printers. this is vary irritating.

i need help.

One more thing, if you know the name of the printer you can go to your run box and type in \\path\printername if it times out or you get network path not found, you most likely need to install Netbeui

Maybe I don't understand your situation completely, but why can't you just use the school's computers/printers? I'll go out on a limb and say you're a high school student looking to show off your laptop? :p

star_topology said:
Maybe I don't understand your situation completely, but why can't you just use the school's computers/printers?

all my stuff is on and my laptop, so the only way i could use the school's computers, all 6 of them, to print is by jump drive(wich iv been doing) ;)
it would be better if i could use the wierless network.

as for useing NetBEUI that might work.:cool:

Can u plug cable to you PC and see if you can access the printers?

The printers by default are accessible for every body.

Are you sure your card is config OK?
SSID WEP?

my card is good, that i know. as suggested i talked to the network administrator, seems a lot of people are having the same trouble. something to do with the network being mac based.

it would not seem to be a very good idea to give printing permissions to wireless users..dont you think?

I use a 2gb usb keychain drive... it was worth every penny. I eliminated the need to email papers to myself to access at school, and I can snag files and music from my friends on the fly. I even set up counter-strike on the drive to play seamlessly on the school computers. sweet deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom