which is best wifi card with my own large antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

nester9

Solid State Member
I bought a wireless n ralink usb adapter that has a detanchable 5dbi antenna, small one off ebay. then soon after I bought a extra large antenna supposidly 27dbi but 18 at mininum for sure an antenna with 4 knobs on the antenna.

the problem is when I connect it via a 10 foot long extention cable it seems to do worse or not at all than if I were to not use it

which is the best wifi usb adapter that can reach the farthest useing my super large antenna.

am I overloading its capabilitys is there a way to boost the signle maybee with another device that I can buy hopefully also a usb(usb signle power booster which would go inbetween the apater and the antenna for it to be able to use it?)

also heres another wierd thing my mom bought a wireless G adapter and it can out do my ralink wireless n adapter. hers is bigger maybee 2 1/2 by 3 inches by 1/2 inch were mine is 4 inches by 1 by 3/8 inch. why can hers out do my n hers is a g! her brand name is alfa

another thing I just rememberd is that the alfa also didnt work with my super large antenna but as soon as you pop'ed that dinky 5 antenna back on there it did its wonders again

so bottom line is I want the best longest range adapter that has a detachable antenna that will work with my 18inch long antenna (its a big plug type but I bought an adapter to fit the smaller type)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom