Best Linksys Router

Jabo7891

Solid State Member
I would like some feedback on what is a good Linksys Router for about an 1800 sq ft home. One that does not have a lot of known issues.

Just a quick update. I had a lousy experience with a Linksys Router (ea7500) and I took it back and got myself an asus router (rt-ac1900p). The difference is night and day. Asus interface has more features and a lot easier to set up. The problem I had with my linksys smart wifi account was the final straw. If you are in the market for a router look at asus.

Sorry, I've been away from the forums for a while or I would have told you to stay away from Linksys. Especially now that they're owned by Belkin since I've never had any positive experiences with Belkin, either. Glad you got a good router! Asus and Netgear are solid brands. If you ever get to feeling froggy and/or experimental, Tomato and DD-WRT (open source firmware that would replace the manufacturer's firmware - don't worry, you can always flash them back) are both supported by most of the Asus models, including the one that you have.

Actually the best possible wireless solution ideally is a Ubiquity AC-Pro AP. I will never own a consumer router ever again due to how much you pay for performance vs how locked down they really are.

Back
Top Bottom