\\~The BEST Dial-up?~//

Status
Not open for further replies.
No dial-up is good, but try to go with somebody that doesn't use proprietary software. Local companies are generally good at this. Dial-up that uses Windows DUN though are generally more expensive, because the proprietary software with all the ads is part of the reason they are able to provide the service at like $9 per month or whatever.

yeah, dial-up does suck, but its all I can get unless I get satallite which I've been told is expensive and slow :-/

I was just wondering what providers had the best deals or are the best you know?

I was thinking about earthlink. WTF is this "web accelerator" they're going on about at their web site? Are some dial-ups fater than others or is it BS?

It is BS...they make it faster by taking colors out of images. When I was on dial-up, I had NetZero's 5x faster crap and it was no difference at all if I wanted to actually see the images on the web. Don't get earthlink, they use proprietary software. Don't be fooled by all the advertisements, find somebody local, or go with SBC dial, which doesn't use software.

Don't get satellite because its $600 startup fee, $100 per month, and only 384Kbps down/36Kbps up, compared to typical cable at 4Mbps/384Kbps. Satellite also capps you at 168MB per day and if it rains your screwed. If you do want to cancel it, it costs you another $300.

www.juno.com
You can get it free (ads though), or for 10 bucks a month. And you don't have to have their program open.
Just Cntrl Alt Dlt it.

-SkyHi

well, is sounds like I should go with someone local which is what I already have lol. I thought some of those advertisements for faster dail-up was true but I guess not. Also some of them offer free software for spam and pop up blockers and such, which made me want them but I guess I can get that stuff somewhere else right?

If all dial-ups run at the same speed (exept when they don't display the colors on images like beedubaya said) I guess I'll stay with what I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom