belkin router internet problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fixed it!
Heres what I did:
First of all, I have two lan adapters integrated with my mobo...never thought I would use them but I was wrong.

I wired the cable modem directly to the first lan adapter, and made sure to have an active connection. Then I plugged my wireless router into the other lan adapter. Then I went into my connection properties (for the cable modem connection) and set it up to "share the connection with other computers."

Then on the other computers on my network, I connected them to the wireless router and all systems are go.

This is especially nice because I want my desktop to have the fastest connection, since it is where I do my limewiring (legal files only of course), pokerrooming, and counterstriking...anyways it works great...any q's just ask me!

PS most of what I did can be done by going through the network setup wizard, and setting up a "small office network."

I have a belkin router also...

I had the SAME issue about 1 year ago.... The internet would be fine, then the green WAN LED light would blink, but none of the other ones would blink....

I tried calling Belkin Support (located in INDIA BTW.... problem #1 right there....) and the "technician" knew less about the product that I did... He couldn't understand the problem that the router would just stop responding... He also could hardly speak F****** english...

My issue just cleared up on it's own... the firmware was already upgraded at that point, and it just stayed up... My router has now not FAILED ONCE since January 2005... I dunno...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom