belkin n300 solid amber light

jbone2013

Beta member
i have had my router for a few months now and had no problems, until today!! my router light has changed from a blue light to a solid amber light?! its telling me i am connected to the router but no internet.

now i have power cyled it, reset using the back of the router, restored to factory reset using the configuration setting, cloned mac address, changed passwords on both my ssid channel and configuration page and still i cant connect to the internet.

i am at a whits end. please can anyone help??

my router is belkin surf n300!!

Since the Belkin n300 is just a 4 port router with wireless, it needs to see a data signal from your internet provider modem.

Have you tryed unpluging the router and pluging in a computer to the provider modem and see if you can connect?

If you have done this and able to get on line then plug the belkin backin and do a power reset. Does the lite stay amber?

If you are not able to get on line when connected diriect to the modem, then you have a problem with your provider.

thank for your response! so turns out it was my provider. have been told it will be back in an hour tho that was 5hours ago :). at least i know the root of the people.

thank you once again.

Back
Top Bottom