belkin firewall problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterhuang913

Retired.
I have a belkin router, model F5D7230-4 with latest firmware, and the built in firewall keeps on blocking my Halo. When i try to go on multilayer i filters everything and freezes halo. The firewall log shows that halo is blocked and i cant seem to kill the firewall. How can i make Halo work or nuke my firewall?

try port forwarding, halo uses these ports:

80 (TCP) - Halo looks to see if there is a Halo update available. If there is an update, Halo downloads the update through this port.
2302 (UDP) - the game host listens on this port.
2303 (UDP) - the game client connects to the game host through this port.

yes your router will probably have a firewall setting on it try halo with UDP and see if it works first. If it doesnt make sure to have a software firewall installed like comodo,zonealarm or even windows firewall and disable your router firewall and see if it runs.

yes your router will probably have a firewall setting on it try halo with UDP and see if it works first. If it doesnt make sure to have a software firewall installed like comodo,zonealarm or even windows firewall and disable your router firewall and see if it runs.

the point of this thread is to make halo work but also to kill the firewall. your help so far is greatly appreciated but do you know how to turn off the belkin firewall?

Is there no option to turn off a firewall or security settings? I would try updating the routers firmware by going to the belkin website and see if a firmware update shows the firewall settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom