Status
Not open for further replies.

XFlamez

In Runtime
ok problem, i've been using this for a while now, and its been fine
but lately i kept getting low signal and speed is very very low

i normally get anywhere from 48-54Mbps

anyone know why? and updating the firmware and stuff doesn't work

once in a while i get very good connection then juss drop like krazy and i had to keep fixing

what changed? what's in the signal's path? what other nodes are on the network? what are they using to connect?

ive heard of cases where wireless b cards slow down g networks. Might wanna check your router logs.

my computer is the only one that is wireless

the router and the card are both wireless-g
so they work fine together

i just don't get it why it suddenly happened after 3 weeks of usage with no problems
and i use channel 5, which seems to be the best channel for me to use

I have the same router and I have had the same problem. My wireless card is in my laptop and where I am in the house determines my connection speed. Even though the box for the router says “good for up to 1500 feet” it is really only good for (at most) 150 feet. (I don’t yet know how belkin can get away with that lie.) But anyway I heard thisb4:

I donÂ’t know how correct it is but: for every wall a wireless signal has to go through, it loses 10-15 feet of strength.

You have not specified, but if your wireless card is in a desktop had has not changed positions then I have 3 ideas:

1. The router is in a few rooms away from you, on a desk and in-between a computer monitor, phone, printer, possibly a scanner... or whatever. And all of those things + walls weaken the signal.

2. You mentioned: “my computer is the one that is wireless” and there could be other people on other computers and that could slow down the connection speed.

3. You have spyware and or adware or something similar slowing stuff down.

I donÂ’t know if any of that helped, but there you go.

well i mean normally for the past few weeks, it worked fine, i run ad-aware and spy bot and those things, and the only thing that can possibly weaken my signal is my own monitor

the pci is in my desktop, its not even more than 50 ft away from the router

Abhi255 said:
You need to try switching channels on your Wireless Router to 1, 6 or 11.

did that already lol, doesn't work

i don't know wut happened but now my connection is back to normal and stable

We assume that your wireless is secure, nobody is piggy backing your connection?

The channel change was a good idea as this bursting in signal strength can sometimes be put down to another wireless network near by using the same channel frequency.

Do any other wireless networks other than yours appear in your wireless list when you do a search ?

Did you add a cordless telephone near your system or the wireless router? They can adversely affect the wireless connection if they are within 6 - 8 ft of either device. Cell phones don't count - different wave length.

Have you added anything else close to your system - speakers, a large electro magnet, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom