BEFSR41 IP Auto-Detect Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcface17701

Beta member
Hi there. I've been searching forums and user guides and all kinds of places for an answer to this, but to no avail. I hope someone here can help me.

As the topic subject states, I have a Linksys BEFSR41 V.2 router and Cable modem. My problem is pretty simple, and the solution SHOULD be simple too. Basically, the router will not detect the IP coming from my modem. No matter what I do. I had it set to static IP for a while, but since my ISP uses dynamic IPs, my ISP blocked my modem temporarily due to an IP overlap. So I need to set it up for obtaining the IP automatically.

I can access the routers web based config utility no problem. Eveything seems to be set up in there properly. Both computers are set to detect the IP and DNS automatically as well. Yet, everytime I check the status in my router, I get no IP. (0.0.0.0) It's getting very frustrating. The only time I can get an internet connection is when I plug the modem directly into the computer. (which is how I'm posting this now)

This computer is using WinXP Pro, and the other is using 98. My router is using 1.44.2 as it's firmware. Please help as soon as possible before I burst that large vein in my forehead that keeps growing. :) Thanks.
- Mack

try disconnecting all cables from the router, press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds, reconnect the cables.

HoLoCroN he said he's using a cable modem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom