BAH, Comcast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Indeed.
Comcast has been terrible lately. Every night around 7:30 or so the internet will either get extremely slow or disconnect completely. They have been out to my house numerous times to fix it, but now it is getting worse again.

I am 99% sure that it is not my LANs fault, it loads pages on the intranet instantly. Even connected to the modem with no router gets the same results.

I have attached two HTML pages from my modem (accessed through http://192.168.100.1), one of them is a log, and the other is signal information. Could anyone take a look at these? Elbatrop?

Thanks a bunch,
~Greg

Attachments

• modem-pages.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 4
It just sounds a lot like people are mostly on during that time, to fix the problem Comcast would have to up their bandwidth for your area.

And you should not have your cable line split more than once.

It looks like you probably have one of these modems:
image_1_4487big.jpg

Provided that I am correct in what type of modem you have, those diagnostic pages check out fine.

If you internet is getting slow or timing out, yet the modem stays online, then it is likely a problem with saturation. This means that everyone else is going on the internet the same time that you are in your area. This also means that Comcast is well aware of this.

However, if your modem is completely going offline, then there could be other problems at play. Bad house cabling or problems with the mainlines can cause such problems.

The coax is coming straight out of the wall into the modem, so being split shouldn't be a problem
Yep, you got it. That's the one they gave us, and we were having the same problems before when we were using a 'Surfboard' modem that we had purchased a while back.

They replaced the wire coming into the house last time they were out, but that didn't do much at all.

Verizon has fiber literally 3 or 4 streets over, but of course we are only close enough for Comcast or DSL :(

Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom