bad ping

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugabooz

In Runtime
Hey T.F.

My problem im having is that i get around 220 ping in cod4 all the time. It never used to be like that, but for the last week it has been.

My internet speed is still good. I got 3446kb/s download and 465kb/s upload on the speedtest which is what it is usually at.

What could be causing this problem? Thanks.

The server hosting the game may be having issues. Are other people on that server having ping issues? If not, check your network to make sure no other computers are using bandwidth. Also try restarting your PC, router, modem, etc, and make sure your PC is running smoothly (no background tasks hogging resources, etc).

ya, i have tryed a few servers. They all give me roughly the same ping. No one else in the server has even close to the ping that i have. No other computer are taking my bandwith, and i have tryed restarting everything. I think the problem has something to do with windows vista because i recently just upgraded to vista and i havent got good ping since then. Also i installed limewire today, and i cant even connect! i get stuck at starting connection. I did click unblock when windows firewall asked me. Is there something i need to enable or disable in windows firewall that could be causeing this>?

Thanks

Check out your graphics card, the heat in your case, anything related to system performance.

As my last video card started to die, my ping increased greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom