bad connection when bittorrent is active

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can low upload drag performance if he's seeing trouble viewing websites...won't that require more download than upload...which means less upload is suppose to be better? I'm just confused :umm:, mind shaping my brain on the correct road?

There is upload involved.. My point being if he had like a 128kbps upload him uploading at 5kbps would of made his connection crawl...but this is an invalid point now that I know his connection is a lot higher

you said earlier you was starting to think it has nothing to do with bittorrent. Do the webpages load like that when bittorrent is not active? If not , it's probably you're connection being throttled :\

well the bittorrent download speeds are great.
i had an issue with comcast where they increased the signal strength without telling anyone and my modem was flipping out. so they put a 6 db cap on it that fixed the problem.
then comcast claimed my modem and now i have to pay for it funny how that works.
and then they wanted to charge me 30 dollars for tech coming out fixing their own faq up

so i wouldnt be surprised if they are doing some other shady BS right now to annoy their customers and get more money out of them.

would anyone care to give me some network tools to test so i can defend myself against their attempts to rip me off in the future.
like something to test my modem and router and all.
to get an idea about whats goin on with my network

google it. I don't know of one off the top of my head, but there is definitely a tool that can monitor your bandwidth usage through the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom