Auto-Connect To VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikedCola

In Runtime
The school I go to uses an unsecured WiFi connection in the school, but requires you to log onto their VPN with your username & password to allow internet access. Is there any way to auto-dial this VPN whenever I connect to the signal? Right now I have a shortcut on my desktop that I manually dial whenever I need access

you could write a little script which just waits until you connect to the signal, then open the vpn program you have, and enter the appropriate name/password.

check out AutoHotkey - Free Mouse and Keyboard Macro Program with Hotkeys and AutoText, REALLY easy to use, and surprisingly powerful. and free :) of course you could use whatever u wanted to write it.

I'm about to leave atm, but when I get back I'll see about writing you a sample bit of code.

I just use Vista's VPN stuff, and I have a shortcut on the desktop that I just have to double-click. Ive got it set to not ask for a username or password, so I guess I could add it to quicklaunch if I need to. I was just wondering if there was a setting or a way to get it to dial by itself (since it can with dialup connections or PPPoE connections but not WiFi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom