[AUST] Changing from ADLS via Teltra Line to Optus Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Okay.... here is my situation.

When I moved into where I was living now, I needed to get the phone set up. I got a Teltra Phone Line that is getting billed by Optus. The reason behind this was that ADSL plans did not suit me (and the other 2 people that I was living with) at the time.

After moving in, I signed up with TPG on one of their unlimited download plans. My current contract with TPG runs out early next month.

Now, this friday, I am getting Optus Cable Internet Connected. With that my phone line is going to be coming in and out of the via optus cable.

Am I likely to have any distruptions to my current ADSL internet and (more importantly) my phone service as they change over my phone line from the teltra line to the optus cable?

when i switched from an analog phone line to VoIP, i did have a a few hours phone down time. the only reason why was because vonage delayed the commit email that they sent me to tell me that the conversion was complete....so i didn't know to move the phone line from the wall jack to the router that it's in now. but, otherwise.....there shouldn't be any delay. should be pretty seemless.

When I changed my phone from the local phone company to the cable company, I had no down time.

Cable company had to have somebody come out to do the switch, because they had to take some cat5 cable from the phone box on the outside of my house to the cable box on the outside of my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom