att u-verse -- any opinions? reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry K

Fully Optimized
hello,
i'm thinking of switching from timewarner cable to att uverse service.
i would get the 24 gig download (wow!!) wouldn't that be cool to get that speed?

so does it work? is the service as-advertised?

i'm thinking its pricey, but if the speed is that fast, maybe it can save me time at home????

they also said its dedicated fiber... i'm assuming they are telling me the truth?

anything i should know --- "networking" is my weakest point when it comes to technology

thanks!

merge

Can you give me a link to the web site please. I can not see the "24 gig download"

did you mean 24 meg download?

yes... 24 mbit a sec
uverse was put in my neighborhood last several weeks -- it got turned on like 2 weeks ago.
been thinking about it.

while timewarner is not "broke", i would hate to switch and it not be good.
but the speed increase would be awesome!

just wanted to hear from others who have it. How is the RG (residential gateway)?

thanks

I have the normal ATT DSL internet, the 6MBPS one.. very reliable connection. The router's easy to set up (Although you probably get a different one)

My friend has the Time Warner Cable connection and he's always complaining of it going down in the evening. I've never had an outage yet :)

We have the regular ATT DSL. We have the $20 768KBps plan. It blows. We previously had the 1.5MBps plan, but we can't get that anymore...

It is a bit pricey. Make sure it is available in your area first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom