Asus WiFi-AP @n Wireless Card not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisonbreak94

In Runtime
Hi all... I have a custom built PC and my motherboard (Asus P5Q3 Deluxe WiFi-AP @n) has a wireless card in it..but my wireless card is not working...I have been using a usb wireless card for a while now but I want to solve this problem because I believe that my wireless signal will be stronger with the wireless card on my mobo...

There is a software on my computer called WiFi-Ap @n, but it does not start up. I went into C:\Program Files\ASUS\WiFi-AP @n, and clicked the exe of the program but it gives this error:

C:\Program Files\ASUS\WiFi-AP @n\WiFi-AP@n.exe
This service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

I went from my computer -> manage -> Device manager and I double clicked the wireless card and it says it is enabled and working...

Can you please help? Thanks...

goto network connections in control panel. right click wireless connection associated with this device. you should see the device name listed in gray. click view wireless networks.

xp's zero wireless configuration service may be taking control of the card

office politics, i appreciate your want to help, but I know how to look for and connect to wireless networks. When I say the wireless card is NOT working, I mean that it does not find any wireless networks, while there are 2 in my house...I am currently connected by a USB Wireless card that I had before but I am not very satisfied with the connection quality, as my father is getting more signal than me with his wireless card from further distance than me.

Please someone explain to me what might be my problem. The driver is up to date...I don't know whats going on.

Does the card have the ability to connect to unsecure as well as secure networks. Does it have the ability to do WEP, WPA, WPA2 and all that?

If no well you better find out how your router is transmitting to see if it is compatible with your router.

If so then it could be you are just out of range. WiFi cant go thru walls that well. IT cant travels thru several floors that well. If you are not in a direct line of sight of the router yoru signal will be severely affected and possibly non-existant from where you are trying to connect to the router from where it is placed.

I am approximately 3 meters away from my router, on the same floor, with a pretty clear line of sight. My usb picks it up therefore my card on my mobo DEFINITELY should.... My card says 802.11n Network adapter, maybe it could be that my router is transmitting something else? I'm not sure how to check that though.

Go to the routers Web Setup page. All the information will be right there on what it is doing.

Mak...I went to my router setup page and I found from wireless-> 802.1x some stuff, can you tell me if I might need to change this, considering my card is 802.11n? Here is what is on the page:

802.1X

This page allows you to set the 802.1X parameters, a method for performing authentication to a wireless connection. These parameters are used for this router to connect to the Authentication Server.

802.1X Authentication: Enable Disable

Maybe i need to enable this? or does this have NO effect on my current problem. where else might I find something that I might need?

Maybe my wireless does not support 802.11n ?

I found that under Wireless-> Channel and SSID, Wireless mode is set to Mixed (11b+11g) but there is no choice of 11n...could this be the problem? If so, what is your suggestion? Time for a new modem?

802.1X Authentication: Enable Disable

This is a security measure. IT should be on but it isnt necessary.

You need to find out what your router can support and what your card can. Google for the make and models to find out.

Device Manager, Everest, Belarc Advisor. Those are just some of the thigns that can be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom