ASUS RT-AC66U any one own one?

jgriner

Beta member
Im thinking about picking up a asus rt-ac66u, but at a cost of about 200ish, its a big investment for me.

Does anyone own one of these? Would you buy it again? Does it live up to your expectations? Would you suggest something different?

I don't think such an expensive router is really worth it. Try going with Linksys/Cisco. I use a $20 Wireless N Belkin from Wal-Mart, works like a charm. I have a Linksys too, that's excellent as well, 10 devices connected to it and it didn't even blink.

I don't think such an expensive router is really worth it. Try going with Linksys/Cisco. I use a $20 Wireless N Belkin from Wal-Mart, works like a charm. I have a Linksys too, that's excellent as well, 10 devices connected to it and it didn't even blink.

I have a fairly extensive home network, nas, computers connected to each tv, ipod, tablets, cellphones, printers.

my last router, netgear 3700(rip dang lighting strike.) could move data from the nas to the office compter at 80ish megabits per sec, my old linksys, tops out at 9megabits sec. and if anyone is streaming a movie, you cant even surf the web on the other computers.

Back
Top Bottom