AOL & Wireless, No internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

philb101

In Runtime
I've installed a Linksys 354G Wireless Router for an AOL Broadband connection at a friends
The Router is Wired into an XP PC from which I can connect to the Internet ok by opening IE, then entering in the username & password on the "connecting Broadband Connection" window
This registers & connects ok
The friend also has a Vista Laptop that can connect to the Wireless Router but gets no Internet access, "Page cannot be displayed"
The Vista Laptop has no AOL software on it

I assumed that with the connection established from the Main PC, another connection wouldn't be necessary

Other things -
The Status page on the Router shows, Login type PPPoE, Interface "down" & nothing listed re: IP Addresses & DNS, I pressed the connect button & Interface "Up" & IP Addresses etc were listed for a minute or so then dropped
The Internet light on the Router never lights

Any thoughts much appreciated

Cheers
The Router is set for PPPoE & I've added the Username & Password in the Router
Not being familiar with AOL should I still need to do the "Connecting Broadband Connection" on the Wired PC, which has the same Username & password as entered in the Router
The Wireless Laptop & Main PC are set for Auto IP
Does the Laptop need any AOL software on it ?

Not positive how aol works but I would assume not. hopefully the router gets assigned the ip and hands our ip's and routs correctly. If it works great. If not install the aol stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom