aol broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroSkatebrdr15

Beta member
aol help...

I have aol with a cable modem with the aol for broadband service. I was wondering if there was any way i can connect to other programs ( eg: AIM, MSN, and gaming programs ) without having to sign onto aol.

Since AOL is your ISP.. you will have to continue to sign in to access the internet. I don't think AOL uses PPPoE as its primary protocol (although I might be mistaken).

Also, I suggest you look for another ISP, I heard from a buddy of mine that works at AOL, that they are going to discontinue their broadband service.

HoLoCroN said:
Since AOL is your ISP.. you will have to continue to sign in to access the internet. I don't think AOL uses PPPoE as its primary protocol (although I might be mistaken).

Also, I suggest you look for another ISP, I heard from a buddy of mine that works at AOL, that they are going to discontinue their broadband service.

Why would they discontinue their broadband service?? It seems, eventually, everyone will have broadband and the 56K modem will be a thing of the past.....like the floppy.

I had AOL DSL for a while and got rid of it when they sprang a ten dollar hike in fees on me! AOL just plain sucks!

AOL Lowering its Monthy Fee

Pretty soon AOL is going to make an announcement that they are going to lower their montly dial up fee to $14.99.

Actually, for all of you that have AOL, call your customer service and tell them you would like to lower your monthly internet bill to 14.99, if they act like they don't know what you are talking about, ask to speak with a supervisor...... You will not even speak to the supervisor, after a little bit of waiting, you will get your ISP fee lowered..

You heard it here first......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom