AOL AIM transfer prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9e9o9

Beta member
Hi all!

i believe i have a simple problem involving the transfer speed between computers.....

My computer is hooked up to the university's T1 line and im trying to send files to my friend on another computer within the the university. We decided to use AOL AIM to transfer files. Last year, transfers were very fast. Now that I have returned from the Xmas break, its been slow as hell.

Any solutions?

Well, speed can be attributed to different things. First, if you know the files you are getting and they have already been scanned for viruses, try disabling your real-time virus protection while you are transferring files.

-Mike

it could also depend on the aol server speeds and how busy it is, because you still go through their server.....

I think it pretty much all depends on AOL's servers. If they are busy, file transfer might be slow. Stay home from school/work one day and try sharing files at a time that AOL wouldn't be busy, like in the morning/late afternoon on a weekday.

I hate school! You can't do anything on their computers...but ya, that does seem a little fishy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom