Anyone know how to network 2 computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres an option, and may be worth a try. Create a user on both machines, and make sure you set a password. Then try to connect to the PC's by the name (\\computername). Also, disable the guest account by right clicking on My Computer, and going to Manage, and then going into the user setup and such. It may be disabled already. After this is done, give this user account permission to the Share, and also Security (NTFS) permissions. See if that works.

this may sound really stupid but have you turned on the other computer, i got that exact message whrn my downstairs comp was not turned on and i tried to access it.

king , check for software firewalls like zonelabs or norton internet security , both will block requests inside a network that would otherwise work fine

yea i was going to suggest turning off ur firewalll,
norton is a pain in the ass wen it comes to gaming, u always got to turn it off and then it pops up warning messages, this probly could be changed in sum settings but i couldnt be bothered now....i just turn it off on both comps and it should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom